South Korean video game developer Crafton on Thursday announced the Battleground Mobile India Series (BGIS) 2023, in which thousands of teams will compete for prize money of Rs 2 crore. The series will start streaming on July 20 and end on October 14, 2023.
The company said the tournament will be divided into two phases – online qualifiers and offline grand finals, which will be held on-ground from October 12 to 14 and will be open to fans.
“Our commitment lies in bringing new and innovative gaming events and tournaments to our community, providing them with invaluable opportunities to establish their presence in the gaming world. BGIS 2023 is the beginning of a thriving gaming community, said Sean Hyunil Sohn, India CEO, Crafton, in a statement.
In keeping with its commitment to provide localized experience to players and fans, the Grand Final of the event will be telecast in 10 languages including English, Hindi and eight other regional languages to ensure that the excitement reaches every nook and corner of the country.
The series will begin with “The Grind” where 256 invited teams will compete fiercely to secure a spot among the top 64 teams that make it to Round 2 and Round 3 of the tournament. The grind will determine which of the invited teams, as well as players who advance through in-game qualifiers, will compete in the main event. Registrations for BGIS series will be from 24th July to 2nd August, Verifications will be from 3rd August to 9th August. According to the company, verified teams will compete in an intense in-game qualifier through 15 classic matches from August 10 to August 17, with their top 10 match scores determining their ranking.
The tournament comes more than a month after BGMI was reintroduced in India, ending a partial suspension of the game last year. However, the current round of Battle Royale game is under probation. The government said it has allowed Crafton to restart BGMI on the condition that it will be monitored for at least three months before issuing standing orders for its operations. “This is BGMI’s three-month trial approval after complying with issues such as server location and data security etc,” Minister of State for Electronics and IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar said in a tweet in May.
– Written with inputs from IANS
[Denial of responsibility! pcomnews.xyz is an automated aggregator around global media. All the material is available free of cost on the internet. We have arranged it on one platform only for educational purpose. In each material, a hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all content belongs to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your content on our website, please contact us by email – email@example.com. Content will be removed within 24 hours.]