Helpful News: Pixel Penguin Accused Of ‘Charity Grooming’, Epic Adds New NFT Games And More…

Pixel is considered Penguin’s “charity project rug”.

Non-fungible token (NFT) project Pixel Penguin has caused quite a stir this week with what blockchain researcher ZachXBT claims is a “charity project carpet.”

The project was quietly launched in February, but garnered a lot of attention on May 31 following a Twitter thread from Web3 influencer Andrew Wang.

Wang claimed that his girlfriend Sarah, known online as Hopexist1, was the creator of the pixel penguins, noting that she “created a collection to help herself fight cancer.”

Priced at $13 a coin, Wang claimed that 20% of the profits would go to charity, while the other 80% would go to Hopexist1’s purported cancer treatment.

Wang said, “I will stake my rep to say that this is the real one among all the scams in our space.” That his talent was too precious, that he should live.

After this, the Pixel Penguins NFTs sold out immediately, rising from a minimum of 0.0099 Ether (ETH) to 0.0126 ETH, which was worth around $130. However, members of the NFT community then did some research and claimed that the creator had profited from art sold in the past and possibly lied about cancer.

ZachXBT found a Pixel Penguin smart contract containing over $117,000 in ETH, and tracked that money as it was moved to two new wallet addresses.

After this, Hopexist1 deleted his Twitter account and went AWOL. The minimum value of NFTs has since dropped to 0.004 ETH, or $7.

Epic Games Store to add more blockchain games

Fortnite developers Epic Games will soon release two new blockchain games on the store, in addition to the five already available to play.

One of the upcoming games is called Defymons, a free-to-play Pokémon-inspired multiplayer RPG with turn-based battles.

The game features an in-game currency and NFT battle monster characters with the same name as the title. The Epic Games Store doesn’t list a release date.

The second blockchain game is called Project Red, which features open world elements inspired by games like Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row, in addition to a first-person shooter game mode.

Early snippets of the game suggest that people must purchase Mobster NFTs in order to navigate to higher levels and participate in the play-to-earn elements of the game.

Epic Games initially listed Blancos Block Party as the first Web3 game to hit stores in September 2022, and while these types of games are still highly skeptical among many traditional gamers, the company hasn’t backed down from this position. Has been

Epic Games recently indicated to Axios in March that it plans to add around 20 new blockchain games in 2023 and early 2024.

Connected: Japan’s largest airline launches NFT marketplace

three arrows nft garage sale part two

Following the first auction of $2.5 million of NFTs from defunct crypto hedge fund Three Arrows Capital (3AC), the second round will take place this month.

3AC’s collection of NFTs is called Grails and includes a long list of tokens from top projects like CrytoPunks, Tyler Hobbs’ Fidenzas, and Dmitri Cherniak’s Ringers.

In the second round, scheduled for June 15, Sotheby’s will auction 37 NFTs from 3AC in what it describes as “the largest live digital art auction ever.”

The NFTs were sold in the first half of the auction. Source: Sotheby’s

Kellogg’s Seeps into the Metaverse

Kellogg’s has reportedly filed a long list of trademarks for some of its food brands related to the metaverse, NFTs, collectibles, and cryptotokens.

Some brands include Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, Special K, and Pop-Tarts.

According to Mike Kondoudis, a licensed trademark attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the company has expressed interest in launching everything from NFT avatars to crypto collectibles, virtual environments and VR gaming revolving around crypto.

other useful news

Some of the most sought-after NFT collectibles of 2022 have seen huge increases in value over the past year, with investments in top projects such as Doodle, Invisible Friends, Moonbirds and Goblintown all losing up to 95% of their value in ETH . ,

On May 31, Web3 wallet-as-a-service provider Magic announced that it successfully raised $52 million in a strategic funding round led by PayPal Ventures. The funding round also saw participation from venture firms Cherubic, Synchrony, KX, Northzone and Volt Capital, bringing Magic’s total funding to over $80 million.

magazine: NFT creator, 0xDEAFBEEF: Mad Scientist NFTs decline when traded

Stay connected with us on social media platforms for instant updates, Click here to join us Facebook

Show More
Back to top button

disable ad blocker

please disable ad blocker